Live in Peace

Live in Peace
Dream Away!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Lunar Eclipse (extra credit)


The night of August 28, 2007 was magnificently beautiful! The lunar eclipse was an amazing scene. I viewed the lunar eclipse from the best site on the island of Saipan which was at Banzai cliff in Marpi (northern side of the island). While I was at Kanat Tabla (central part of the island) it was also a clear view from where I was seated outside the house. As it started my driver & I dragged all the way to Marpi me being afraid I might miss this amazing view. As we were on the highway my head was stuck out my window just watching the moon turn bloody red. It started from the left side of the moon and worked its way toward to the right as it was covered red. When we arrived at Banzai Cliff it was completely dark that I felt blind ( i was afraid something bad might happen) I could not see anything besides flashlight and car lights. There were a couple of cars already parked and some people where at the tip of the cliff viewing this magnificent view. My hubby and I sat at the back of the car and enjoyed this beautiful moon change (it was so romantic... lol :) The moon started from the left turning red towards to the right, and when the moon was bloody red, it suddenly disappeared for a few seconds than appeared back on and worked its way from right to left appearing with the normal light of the moon. The sky was so so sooo beautiful I only wished I had a telescope. The stars were so bright and when I looked behind towards to the other side of the island it was filled with lights the stars can hardly be seen. I was glad to go all the way to Marpi even though gas prices are ridiculous on the island. The stars were really shining, it was so bright and beautiful! This night is a night to remember till I die & I will share this experience with my children, family, and friends....

No comments: